Allergodil eye drops - Dose | Use
Allergodil eye drops belong to the group of medicines called antihistamines. This medicine contain the active ingredient called azelastine. Allergodil works by blocking the effects of histamine. Histamine is a substance which is released in an allergic reaction. It block the action of histamine and relieve allergy symptoms.
These eye drops are used in the treatment of allergic conjunctivitis.
- It should be avoided in children under the age of four.
- Allergodil eye drops should be avoided if you have an eye infection.
- This medicament should be avoided if you are allergic to azelastine or other similar medications. Symptoms of allergy include:
- itching and swelling. Immediately contact your doctor if you are experiencing these symptoms.
- If you wear contact lenses, you will need to remove them before applying eye drops. You can put them back in about 20 minutes after.
- If you are not sure whether if conjunctivitis is of allergic origin, contact your doctor, because in such case Allergodil eye drops will not help you. If they do not help you after 2 days of application, consult your doctor.
- After using these eye drops, your vision may be blurred, so you should avoid operating motor vehicles and machines.
Use during pregnancy and breast feeding
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or if you are breastfeeding. There is no information about using this drops during pregnancy.
Use and Dose
The usual dose Allergodil drops is one drop in each eye twice a day (at morning and in the evening). The dose can be increased to one drop in each eye four times a day.
You should apply these drops for as long as your doctor recommends, but not longer than 40 days.
Allergodil eye drops are only intended for use in eyes.
- Wash your hands. Tilt your head back and look up at the ceiling.
- Place your index finger on the face in the lower eyelid and gently pull down until you create a small pocket.
- Turn the bottle down and gently press to leave one drop in the eye to be treated.
- Hold the eye closed and press eyelid with your finger in the corner of your nose and hold for 1 minute.
Make sure that the bottle was properly closed and it is not damaged. If the medicine dropper is dirty, wash it with water before using Allergodil eye drops. Eyes are very sensitive, and it is necessary to avoid touching the eye surface with dropper, to avoid infection.
If the drop misses the eye, you will have to repeat the process.
Be careful not to swallow eye drops.
Use with other drugs (Interactions)
There is no information on interaction with other drugs. If you are using other eye drops, you should wait for at least one hour after using Allergodil eye drops.
Tell your doctor if you are using other eye drops.
Allergodil eye drops can cause the following side effects:
- eye burning sensation,
- eye irritation,
- increased humidity of eyes,
- sense that you have something in the eye,
- itching of the eye,
- a bitter taste in your mouth,
- allergy in the form of redness,
- itching and swelling.
Tell your doctor if you are experiencing any of these side effects.