Apple diet - Lose 11 lbs in One Month
Apple is the most accessible fruit in the world, as it grows under all conditions. There are more than 150 different kinds of apples. This fruit is known for its many health benefits, which is the result of its rich vitamin and mineral content. Doctors recommend this fruit to patients with frequent headaches (including migraine), enlarged veins and constipation.
There are two types of apple diets you can find online:
- First one is 3-Apple-a-Day-Diet, designed by American nutritionist Tammi Flynn
- Second apple diet is the one that is based on eating nothing, but apples.
How do Apple Diet work?
3-Apple-a-Day-Diet is created by the renowned American nutritionist Tammi Flynn. Namely, Tammi noticed that people who eat apple before the meal lose weight much faster than others. For this reason, she decided to recommend to all of her patients to eat apples before each meal, without changing typical daily diet. Soon, she realized that the results are satisfactory, after which she devised a diet plan that involved eating of apples before each meal.
Looking at it from the scientific point of view, this diet makes sense, because apples are rich in dietary fibers that quickly trigger a sense of satiety, which makes you eat less during the main meals. If you drink one glass of water after eating an apple, the feeling of satiety will be even more pronounced, as dietary fibers bind water like a sponge, causing a feeling of fullness.
What we like about this diet is that you are allowed to eat all other foods and that your body will not be deprived of nutrients that are essential for your health.
Second apple diet is much stricter and allows you to eat only the apples. So, during the diet you should eat apples in unlimited quantities, drink 2 liters of water and that's it. Not only this diet is not effective, but can seriously harm your health. Monotonous nutrition, where you restrict many nutrients your body needs every day, can lead to serious disorders. Therefore, please do not use this diet, unless your doctor recommended. For this reason, this diet will not be discussed further through this article, but we just wanted to warn you about the possible consequences of such a diet, as it is widely available online.
Apple Diet - Meal Plan
Note: Before each meal, you should eat one apple and drink one glass of water (8 fl.oz.)
- Breakfast: 1 cup (234 grams or 8.25 oz.) of cooked/boiled oats (equivalent to 1/2 cup of dried oats) and one banana.
- Lunch: One large slice of buckwheat or rye bread, 1 cup (140 grams or 4.94 oz.) of chicken white meat (boiled or fried) and cabbage salad.
- Dinner: 1 cup (193 grams or 6.80 oz.) of cooked black rice. You can add peas, corn and carrots.
- Breakfast: Omelet made from three eggs and 1 cup (113 grams or 3.98 oz.) of chopped cheese with low fat content and cucumber salad.
- Lunch: 1 cup (225 grams or 7.94 oz.) of fried or cooked salmon with tomato salad. You can eat one or two thin slices of buckwheat bread.
- Dinner: 1 cup (125 grams or 4.41 oz.) of grilled turkey white meat and lettuce.
- Breakfast: Spinach pie and 1 cup (245 grams) of yogurt
- Lunch: 2 cups (200 grams or 7 oz.) of spaghetti, with ketchup, mayonnaise or other toppings of your choice.
- Dinner: 1 cup (150 grams or 5.3 oz.) of roasted or baked veal and salad made of cucumber, tomato and cheese.
- Breakfast: Three slices of rye bread coated with cream cheese.
- Lunch: 1 fillet (143 grams or 5 oz.) of roasted or cooked trout and salad made of potatoes and onions.
- Dinner: A mixture of almonds, hazelnuts, Indian walnut and peanuts.
After the fourth day, you should repeat the cycle for 10-15 times and after that take a break.
Estimated weight loss for one month: 11 lbs. (4.5 kg).
Keep in mind that abovementioned meal plan is recommended in order to help you lose weight quickly. However, you do not have to follow this meal plan if you do not want to. You can continue with your usual daily diet, but it is only important to eat one apple and drink one glass of water before each meal.
Information on this website are provided for educational purposes only and are not intended for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
If you have any concerns or questions about your health, you should always consult with a physician or other health-care professional.