Becloforte - Prevent asthma | Effects
Becloforte is a drug that contains an active substance called beclomethasone. It belongs to the group of medicines called corticosteroids.
This medicine is used to prevent asthma attacks. Beclofrote should not be used when an asthma attack has already started!
It should be avoided in the following conditions:
- If you are allergic to Becloforte or active substance beclomethasone or other similar medicines such as:
- prednisolone and others.
- Children under the age of 12 should not use this medicament
- If you have immune system disorders
It should be in a long-term. Do not stop treatment unless your doctor tells you to. Becloforte is usually administered in combination with other medicines to treat asthma.
Use during pregnancy and breastfeeding
It should not be used during pregnancy and breastfeeding without doctor supervision. According to FDA, Becloforte belongs to the group C (FDA: Group C). This means that animal studies have shown adverse effect on fetus, but there are no studies on humans. This drug should be used during pregnancy only if the benefit to the mother outweighs the risk to the child.
Becloforte passes into breast milk and may harm your baby. Avoid breastfeeding while using this medicine.
Dose and Use
- Mild asthma: 200-600 mcg per day in multiple doses.
- Moderate asthma: 600-1000 mcg per day in multiple doses.
- Severe asthma: 1000-2000 mcg per day in multiple doses.
- Children above the age of 4: 400 mg per day in divided doses.
The dose should be adjusted until proper effect is achieved. Doctor may recommend you to start with the lowest dose, and then the dose may be gradually increased.
Do not get the inhaler wet!
Use with other drugs (Interactions)
Tell your doctor about all medications and herbal medicines you are using, especially if you are already using some other inhalation medicines.
Becloforte side effects
Becloforte may cause the following side effects:
- pain in the nose,
- voice changes,
- dry mouth,
- muscle weakness,
If you are experiencing any side effects, contact your doctor immediately.