Belosalic - Use | Dose | Side Effects
Belosalic is a medication that contains the two active ingredients: betamethasone and salicylic acid. It belongs to the group of medicines called steroids (betamethasone) in combination with antiseptics (salicylic acid). Betamethasone reduces inflammation while salicylic acid acts as an antiseptic, fighting against bacteria on the skin.
It is used in the therapy of:
- lichen ruber planus,
- seborrheic dermatitis,
- dyshidrotic dermatitis,
- ichthyosis and other conditions.
This medicine exists in the form of an ointment and a solution for the skin.
Belosalic should be avoided in the following conditions:
- If you are allergic to Belosalic or the active substance:
- salicylic acid or other similar medications. Symptoms of an allergy include:
- If you have acne
- If you have rosacea (facial redness)
- Have liver damage
- If you have cutaneous (skin) tuberculosis
- If you have a viral skin infections (e.g. pox)
- Have oral dermatitis
- Pruritus ani (anal itching) or genital pruritus
- If you have a bacterial skin infections
Do not cover the area to which you applied this medicine with a bandage.
Belosalic should not be used in babies.
It is not recommended to use it for longer than 2 weeks.
In children, it should not be used for longer than 5 days.
Use during pregnancy and breastfeeding
It should be used during pregnancy only if the benefit to the mother outweighs the risk to the child.
Avoid breastfeeding if you are using this kind of ointment or solution on the breasts.
Use and Dose
Belosalic ointment or solution should be applied to the affected area in a thin layer on the skin.
It should be applied twice a day.
If you are using solution, use one or two drops on the affected area of the skin.
In children this medicine should not be used for longer than 5 days. In adults, Belosalic should not be used for longer than 14 days.
Avoid eye contact, because Belosalic can irritate the eye.
Use with other drugs (Interactions)
Tell your doctor if you are using any other skin products.
Belosalic may cause the following side effects:
- stretch marks (especially if you are using this medicine on armpits or in the anus),
- dry skin,
- blistering of the skin,
- changes in skin color,
- spot bleeding under the skin,
- enlargement of capillaries beneath the skin that can be seen,
- increased hair growth,
- inflammation of hair,
- allergy and others.
Tell your doctor if you are experiencing any side effects.