BioGaia probiotic drops | info
This article was medically reviewed by M.Pharm, Marko Tanaskovic on Thu, 27 Dec 2018. To read more about an author, click here.
BioGaia drops contain bacteria from a strain of Lactobacillus reuteri. These drops are optimizing the gut flora and contribute to normal bowel function in infants. They can also be used in newborns immediately after birth. These drops are completely natural and are isolated from human milk.
They are safe to use in all patients and are very well tolerated.
BioGaia use and dosage
Add 5 drops into food or drink. It can be dripped into the spoon and then added to food or drinks that you are giving to your baby. These drops do not alter the taste of food, so the baby will not even notice. The usual dosage is 5 drops per day.
- Tilt the bottle at an angle of 45 degrees and carefully drizzle exactly 5 drops of BioGaia.
- It should be used every day, until you normalize gut flora.
- The improvement is usually noted after 2-4 days of application.
- The dose is the same for adults and babies, because both need the same number of microorganisms to normalize gut flora.
- In adults, BioGaia can be used in the form of a pills.
- Do not add drops into hot food or drinks as this may damage the bacteria and reduce the effects of these drops.
- These drops do not interact with antibiotics therefore can be used in combination with these drugs.
BioGaia side effects
So far there are no reported side effects because they are very well tolerated. As with all substances, and these drops can cause allergic reaction, so it is necessary to contact your doctor if you are experiencing symptoms of an allergy, such as:
- swelling of the face,
- difficulty breathing, and others.
Information on this website are provided for educational purposes only and are not intended for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
If you have any concerns or questions about your health, you should always consult with a physician or other health-care professional.