Broccoli diet - Health benefits | Meal plan
The Broccoli diet is designed for people who like to eat vegetables and want to quickly lose weight. It is based on five regimens, each lasting two days, and the total duration of the diet is ten days. For ten days, you can lose up to 16 lbs. and this diet is classified in fast-acting and restrictive diets, and must not be used for longer periods of time.
Health benefits of broccoli
Numerous clinical studies have shown that these foods contain isothiocyanates which is why broccoli is a very good food for preventing cancer and improving heart health.1,2
It is rich in vitamin C which speeds up the metabolism and allows you to easily lose weight. Most nutritionists recommend regular intake of this vegetable in limited quantities.
It is important to note that the broccoli must be taken in moderation because high quantities of this food can have a negative impact on your health.1
It also contains the precursor of vitamin A and therefore slows down skin aging.
Before we go to the diet plan, it is important to know that the best way of preparing the broccoli is steaming because in that way, the broccoli loses a small quantity of glucosinolates (including isothiocyanates), proteins and complex carbohydrates, which is confirmed in many studies.3
Studies have shown that because broccoli contains glucosinolates, it lowers the level of so-called "bad" LDL cholesterol in the blood.4
Broccoli diet plan
I regimen (first and second day)
- Breakfast: 7 oz. of steamed broccoli and one piece of oat bread
- Lunch: 5 oz. of cooked turkey meat and broccoli
- Dinner: 8 oz. of cooked broccoli and 1/8 cup of cheese
II regimen (third and fourth day)
- Breakfast: 7 oz. of stewed broccoli, red peppers and garlic
- Lunch: 7 oz. of stewed broccoli and tomatoes
- Dinner: Same as in the first regimen
III regimen (fifth and sixth day)
- Breakfast: 7.5 oz. of cooked beef and broccoli
- Lunch: 5 oz. of cooked beef and broccoli
- Dinner: 4 oz. of cooked chicken breast
IV regimen (seventh and eighth day)
- Breakfast: Grilled vegetables (tomatoes, peppers, zucchini and broccoli)
- Lunch: Same as in the second regimen
- Dinner: Three apples or other fruit of your choice
V regimen (ninth and tenth day)
- Breakfast: Three oranges and cooked broccoli
- Lunch: 3.5 oz. of boiled hake
- Dinner: 4 oz. of boiled broccoli
With this diet, you can eat as much fruit as you want.
Moderate physical activity is also recommended to speed up the weight loss process.
Taking plenty of fluids (water and low-fat milk) while you are on this diet should also be implemented.
Pros of Broccoli diet
- Rapid weight loss
- Intake of large amounts of essential nutrients
- Healthy weight loss
Cons of Broccoli diet
- Transient effect
- Relatively low intake of protein and essential amino acids as well as B vitamins
Information on this website are provided for educational purposes only and are not intended for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
If you have any concerns or questions about your health, you should always consult with a physician or other health-care professional.