Chrono diet - Principles of the Chrono diet
This article was medically reviewed by M.Pharm, Marko Tanaskovic on August 12, 2018. To read more about an author, click here.
The Chrono diet was designed in France in the 80s of the last century and is based on the principle that you can eat as much as you want and eat a large number of foods, including fats, carbohydrates and proteins. Nevertheless, you must observe certain rules that will help you lose weight. Because of its efficiency, it quickly became popular and many lost their weight using this diet.
Americans have not yet heard about this diet, but it will probably have the same popularity as it does in Europe.
Principles of the Chrono diet
The most important rule of this diet is to leave five hours between meals, and during that time, you must not eat anything, except to drink plain water. In this period, you should not eat any fruit or drink fruit juices.
You can eat bread, but the bread must be made of mixed flour (buckwheat, barley, oat and rye). Using wheat or corn flour is strictly prohibited. You can eat mixed-flour bread during breakfast, while bread should be avoided for lunch and dinner.
For breakfast you can eat everything you want and this is where you need to consume the most of your daily food. You are even allowed to eat fast food (hamburgers with mixed-flour bread, then hot dogs, French fries and other foods).
When it comes to sweets, you are allowed to consume sweets between lunch and dinner, but only in small quantities. Take a bit of dark chocolate (with at least 80% cocoa). If you can handle not having sugar, it is best not to consume sweets at all.
It is very important to drink a glass of fresh lemon juice every morning and preferably before each meal. Lemon juice speeds up the metabolism and will help you to burn fat.
You can drink coffee and tea but it must be sugarless.
The diet lasts for two months and I've seen with my own eyes people who have lost an amazing 40 pounds (about 20 kg) during this period. This is a truly fascinating effect.
Chrono Diet Meal Plan
- Breakfast: One or two pieces of mixed-flour bread, three fried eggs and 1/4 cup (150 grams) of sour milk
- Lunch: Chicken with 4 kinds of cheese (without bread) and tomato salad
- Dinner: Tomato and onion
- Breakfast: Two small slices of mixed-flour bread and a little sausage
- Lunch: Boiled cabbage with pork
- Dinner: Baked mackerel
- Breakfast: Boiled buckwheat and fried bacon
- Lunch: Zucchini breaded with mixed flour (bake in the oven, don't fry)
- Dinner: Cooked egg whites
- Breakfast: Tuna with vegetables
- Lunch: Peppers stuffed with beef meat
- Dinner: Boiled vegetables
- Breakfast: Hake
- Lunch: Grilled chicken wings
- Dinner: Cucumber salad
- Breakfast: 3-egg omelette with a piece of bacon
- Lunch: Baked chicken drumstick
- Dinner: Caesar salad
- Breakfast: A piece of steak, a little slice of bread and a little bit of sour milk
- Lunch: Meatballs in tomato sauce
- Dinner: Turkey breast
Information on this website are provided for educational purposes only and are not intended for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
If you have any concerns or questions about your health, you should always consult with a physician or other health-care professional.