Chymoral forte - use | dosage | side effects
Chymoral Forte tablet contains a mixture of two proteolytic enzymes: trypsin and chymotrypsin.
It is used to treat following conditions:
- Swelling (edema), especially those caused by inflammation (e.g. swelling of the tooth or swelling of the gums).This medicine is a highly effective in the treatment of swelling and can quickly reduce edema.
- Treatment of hematomas.
- After surgical trauma.
- Chymoral Forte is used to treat necrotic tissue
- It is used to treat pelvic inflammatory diseases
- It is also used to treat chronic respiratory diseases. Chymoral Forte drug reduces viscosity of mucus, thus facilitating its elimination
- This drug is used to treat different types of muscle and joint injuries, accompanied by swelling
- Chymoral Forte can be taken after your cesarean section.
- Used to treat sciatica
- It can be taken after hysterectomy (uterus removal)
It is also used to increase the antibiotic penetration.
Chymoral Forte should be avoided in patients allergic to trypsin or chymotrypsin or other similar enzymes. Symptoms of an allergy can include:
- skin rash,
- redness of the skin,
- itching of the skin,
- swelling of the throat, tongue and face,
- trouble breathing.
- Allergic reaction can be life-threatening. Immediately contact your doctor if you are experiencing any of the allergy symptoms.
It may have some sugar, and therefore should be avoided in patients with disorders of carbohydrate metabolism.
Chymoral Forte is not recommended for use during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
It should be avoided or may be used only with extra precautions in patients with liver disorders, kidney disorders or coagulation (blood clotting) disorders.
Also, it should not be used concomitant with alcoholic beverages.
Use of Chymoral Forte during pregnancy and breastfeeding
Chymoral Forte is not recommended for pregnant women and nursing mothers.It should be used during pregnancy only if the benefit to the mother outweighs the risk to the child.
There is no data on whether if Chymoral Forte passes into breast milk. It is recommended to avoid breastfeeding while using this drug. It will take at least 48 hours after the last time you have used Chymoral Forte before you can start breastfeeding again.
Operating machinery and vehicles during the use of Chymoral Forte
Chymoral Forte has no influence on the ability to drive and use machines. However, if you are experiencing dizziness or drowsiness, do not operate machinery.
Chymoral forte dose
It needs to be taken on an empty stomach (usually 1-2 hours before taking food). It should be taken as soon as possible after symptoms of the swelling appear, because then this drug has shown best efficacy.
The dose depends on the severity of the condition. In severe conditions doctor may recommend you to take two pills of this medicine three times a day. After stabilization, the dose may be reduced to one pill of Chymoral Forte four times a day.
It has to be used concomitant with appropriate antibiotics, to treat bacterial infections.
Chymoral Forte tablets should always be used 1-2 hours before taking food, with a full glass of water. Swallow the tablets whole (do not crush them or chew them). You need to use this drug for as long as your doctor tells you to. It usually takes 10 days until the swelling completely disappears.
It alos should be avoided in combination with alcoholic beverages because it increases the risk of side effects.
Use with other medicines (Interactions)
Chymoral Forte should be avoided or may be used only with extra precautions in combination with the following medications:
- Acids, bases, and antiseptics. These medicines may reduce the efficacy of trypsin and chymotrypsin (active compounds of Chymoral Forte).
- Chloramphenicol, medicine used to treat infections (an antibiotic). Chloramphenicol reduces efficacy of Chymoral Forte, therefore it should not be used concomitant with Chymoral Forte.
Tell your doctor about all medications and herbal medicines you are taking.
Chymoral Forte Side effects
Chymoral Forte may cause the following side effects: nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, bloating, blood in the urine, allergy. Side effects occur very rarely.
It may cause an allergic reaction. Symptoms of an allergic reaction include: skin rash, itching, redness, swelling of the face, swelling of the tongue, swelling of the throat, difficulty breathing. Allergic reactions can lead to anaphylactic shock (can have a fatal outcome)!
Information on this website are provided for educational purposes only and are not intended for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
If you have any concerns or questions about your health, you should always consult with a physician or other health-care professional.