Cucumber diet - Health benefits | Recipe
The Cucumber diet is a relatively simple diet and is based on eating only a few foods. Because you are not eating a variety of foods with this diet, you will not get enough of the necessary nutrients and for this reason, this diet should not be applied for longer than two weeks. Those who adhere to this diet plan can lose up to 15 lbs. over this period of time.
Rules of the Cucumber diet
The diet rules are very simple - eat this vegetable as much as you can. Cucumber is a low-calorie vegetable - 3.5 oz. (100 grams), contains only 15 calories and is rich in vitamins and minerals. With simple calculations, we can conclude that even if you eat 3 kg (7lbs.) of cucumber per day you, will eat only 450 calories and lose 5 lbs. in just a week. This is really a rapid weight loss, and of course, it is not advisable to eat only one and the same food each day.
During this diet, you will commonly eat cucumber salad, and you can eat it as much as you want, whenever you feel hungry. With each meal and between meals, you can eat this salad (you can find the recipe below).
In addition to this salad, you should eat fish and chicken in order to provide those nutrients that are not contained in the cucumber - essential amino acids and eggs in order to get the protein and fat.
Health benefits of cucumber
Cucumber is particularly suitable for diabetics and people who have high cholesterol because of its anti-lipemic and anti-diabetic properties. Fresh cucumber juice is used for skin nourishment (you probably know that slices of cucumber are placed on the eyes and eye area to reduce wrinkles and soften the skin).
Cucumber has excellent detoxifying properties because it removes chemical toxins from the body.
Cucumber seeds are often used for treating constipation.
Cucumber salad recipe
- 3 cup (450 grams) of fresh cucumber
- 1/4 cup (60 grams) of sour milk
- Green garlic (optional)
Cut the cucumber into small pieces, season with salt, pour the sour cream and stir. You can add green garlic if you want.
Cucumber smoothie recipe
Insert 1 cup (150 grams) of cucumber with peel, an apple, spinach and add a little grated ginger in a blender. Stir the mixture thoroughly and pour the drink into a glass and add some nuts on top.
This drink is very rich in minerals (magnesium, potassium, iron and calcium) and vitamins (vitamin K, vitamin C, vitamin E and vitamin A).
Cucumber diet plan
- Breakfast: Cucumber salad and two boiled eggs
- Lunch: Cucumber salad, toast and a little cheese
- Dinner: Cucumber smoothie with apple and spinach
- Breakfast: Cucumber salad and a can of tuna
- Lunch: Cucumber salad, a thin slice of barley bread and grilled trout
- Dinner: Same as the first day
- Breakfast: 4 oz. of grilled mushrooms and cucumber salad
- Lunch: 5 oz. of grilled or cooked chicken white meat and cucumber salad
- Dinner: Fruit salad
Note: You can eat cucumber salad and cucumber smoothie whenever you are hungry.
After the third day, repeat the cycle. You can apply this diet for a maximum of 14 days.
Expected weight loss for 14 days: 15 lbs.
Benefits of cucumber diet
- Easy to follow
- Easily accessible foods
- Accelerates burning of belly fat
- Provides sufficient amount of vitamins and minerals
- Detoxification effects
Disadvantages of cucumber diet
- Too restrictive (can be used only for short period of time)
- The experience of other people who have been on this diet have shown that you'll rarely feel satiated even though you are allowed to eat cucumber as much as you want whenever you're hungry
Information on this website are provided for educational purposes only and are not intended for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
If you have any concerns or questions about your health, you should always consult with a physician or other health-care professional.