Otol H ear drops | Information
Otol H ear drops is medicine comprising the three active substances, namely: tetracaine (anesthetic), tyrothricin (antibiotic), and prednisolone (corticosteroid). It is used to treat ear pain and inflammation of the ear. These ear drops reduces inflammation and relieves pain.
- It should be avoided in patients with ruptured eardrum.
- It also should be avoided in patients allergic to any of three active substances:
- tyrothricin or prednisolone. If you are experiencing redness or itching in the ear, stop using this medicine and call your doctor.
- Otol H should be avoided in children under the age of 2.
- It is recommended to use this ear drops in combination with other drugs.
Use during pregnancy and breastfeeding
There is no data on the use of this drug during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Otol H use and dose
The usual dose in children above the age of 2 is 2-4 drops every hour. Drops should be instilled directly into the affected ear or on sterile gauze that than should be placed into the affected ear. In adults 5-6 drops should be instilled every hour.
Before you apply these drops, it is necessary to clean affected ear and wait until it is completely dry. Then lie on your bed so that you affected ear is made available for use of these drops. Drops are thick and you will need to be careful and patient during the instillation. When you have instilled Otol H drops, you should stay lying down for another 20 minutes.
If there is no improvement after two days of using these ear drops, stop using it and contact your doctor.
Use with other medications (Interactions)
Tell your doctor if you are using any drugs or herbal supplements, especially if you are using some other ear drops.
Otol H side effects
It may cause the following side effects:
- redness of the ear,
- itching in the ear,
- burning sensation in the ear and others. Tell your doctor if you are experiencing any side effects.