Tomato diet - meal plan
We have already discussed the value of a tomato as one of the healthiest fruits (yes, tomato is by biological structure defined as fruit). In this article, we'll describe a diet based on tomato.
Before we introduce you to the 5-day, meal plan, we have to note a few things, so we can help you properly apply this diet and lose the desired weight.
Rule number 1: It is very important to use fresh tomatoes and not fried. Roasting tomatoes will lead to losing almost all the useful ingredients it has. If you get bored with the taste of fresh tomatoes, you can sometimes boil them on low heat. Cooking reduces its quality, but not to the same extent as roasting.
Rule number 2: Regularly brush your teeth after every meal. Tomato contains certain acids that may erode tooth enamel causing their damage. Tomato skin can often get stuck in the teeth or between the teeth, and if they're stuck for a long time, then acid will be gradually released into the teeth. Although this effect is not present to such an extent, it is recommended to regularly brush your teeth to prevent their possible damage.
Rule number 3: Do not eat too much tomato. Tomato is healthy, but still it should be eaten in limited quantities.
There are two types of diets with tomatoes.
The first one, more rigorous, is based on the largest intake of tomatoes and a smaller intake of other foods. You will be eating very few calories and predicted weight loss ranges from 3-7 lb. in just 5 days. We have to note that rapid weight loss is not recommended nor healthy and the maximum weight loss, according to the recommendations of the World Health Organization should not exceed more than 10% of total body weight in 6 months. However, people who are extremely obese have to take appropriate measures to bring the weight within the recommended limits. In this case, this diet can be used. A detailed menu is written below.
The second diet, if we can call it so, does not make any changes in your regular diet, but only recommends taking 30 fl. oz. (about 1 liter) daily of tomato juice at specific time intervals:
- 6 fl. oz. (150 ml) in the morning, immediately after you wake up
- 6 fl. oz. before breakfast
- 6 fl. oz. before lunch
- 6 fl. oz. before dinner
- 6 fl. oz. before you go to sleep
Tomato juice speeds up weight loss and most importantly, reduces the percentage of fat, especially in the stomach. We have already recommended regular use of tomato juice for many women, and those who regularly took this juice for several months (on average 3 months), will lose about 1 inch of their waistline and barely a few pounds (3-4 pounds in 3 months). This diet is recommended for people who have lots of belly fat, and in people who want moderate weight loss.
Tomato Diet Meal Plan
- Breakfast: One slice of toast coated with cream cheese and medium sized apple.
- Lunch: Tomato salad made from 1 1/2 cup (350 grams or 12.5 ounces) of tomatoes, 5.3 ounces of cheddar cheese (150 grams), one tablespoon of olive oil and spices of your choice (we recommend basil). This salad has a phenomenal taste and is even better if you put it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Snack: One mandarin.
- Dinner: 2 cups of tomato and three medium sized carrots, with 1 cup (75 grams 2 ounces) of grilled mushrooms.
- Breakfast: Oat flakes mixed with 1 cup of yogurt (250 grams or 8.5 ounces).
- Lunch: 2 cups of tomatoes mixed with onions, cucumber, black olives, olive oil, lemon juice and spices of your choice.
- Snack: Two bananas.
- Dinner: Tomato soup with roasted hake. You can make soup all by yourself, or buy soup in bags which is easy to cook. If you want to make it by yourself, the recipe is not complicated. First, you need to fry some onions on a low heat, after which you need to add 2 cups of tomatoes and cook in 16 ounces of water for about 15 minutes. You can eat a small piece of hake with tomato soup.
- Breakfast: 2 thin slices of whole-wheat bread, coated with honey.
- Lunch: Tomato tortilla: 1 cup of tomatoes should be mixed with 1 1/2 cup mushroom mix and put in a warming pan. Then, add two beaten eggs mixed with 1 fl. oz. of mineral water. When the mixture in the pan is amalgamated, you can serve it on two thin slices of whole-wheat bread or toast.
- Snack: 1/4 cup of cooked rice and 1 cup (250 ml) of tomato juice.
- Dinner: 2 cups of tomatoes and 1 cup (150 grams) of chicken white meat (grilled or boiled).
- Breakfast: One slide of toast with two thin slices of ham. After that, you can eat one tangerine.
- Lunch: Salad with 2 1/2 cup (500 grams or 17.5 ounces) of tomatoes, 1/2 cup of green bell pepper (90 grams or 3.1 ounces), and 3.5 ounces of feta cheese (100 grams).
- Snack: One slice of whole-wheat bread with a thin slice of smoked turkey meat and one large sized tomato
- Dinner: Carve two large sized tomatoes and fill them with 1.6 oz. of cheddar cheese and 1/2 cup (90 grams or 3.1 ounces) of rice. Roast them at low temperature for 20 minutes. When you are finished roasting, you can add spices if you want to.
- Breakfast: 5 fl. oz. of tomato juice and one pear.
- Lunch: 2 cups of tomato, 1 oz. of cheese and 1 cup of lettuce.
- Snack: 4 medium sized carrots.
- Dinner: 1 cup of tomatoes cooked with 1 cup (115 grams) of potatoes and 1 cup (50 grams) of carrots. With this soup, you can also eat a thin slice of whole grain bread.
Information on this website are provided for educational purposes only and are not intended for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
If you have any concerns or questions about your health, you should always consult with a physician or other health-care professional.