Tuna diet | Weight Loss | Diet Plan
Tuna is a fish of the mackerel family that lives in salt water. There are several kinds of tuna (yellowtail, blackfin, bluefin, and others). The most common tuna represented in nutrition in USA is Bluefin tuna.
Before we present your tuna diet plan, you first need to know that tuna is a very healthy fish. It contains a huge amount of numerous vitamins (vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin E, vitamin B6, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, niacin and folic acid), and minerals (iron, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, sodium, and zinc). It also contains fat, mostly polyunsaturated fatty acids (omega 3 fatty acids) which are healthy for our body, and a small amount of cholesterol (about 40 mg per 100 grams). In addition, tuna is a very rich source of high quality proteins.
Tuna is very important and is the only natural source of specific types of omega 3 fatty acid known as DHA and EPA. These omega 3 fatty acids improve brain and heart health. It has been shown that DHA and EPA improve the cognitive function, memory and concentration, and they also have a positive effect on mood. Therefore, tuna is especially recommended for elderly people who have problems with memory.
Just the presence of DHA and EPA makes tuna very healthy for the eyes. Namely, the omega 3 fatty acids prevent macular degeneration, which reduces the risk of vision loss in people over 50 years.
Tuna and detoxification
Tuna contains selenium, which is involved in the creation of an enzyme called glutathione peroxidase. This enzyme plays an important role in the detoxification of the body. It is necessary to protect the liver from medications because it speeds up their metabolism and elimination.
Tuna and weight loss
Due to the low energy and high nutritional value, tuna is a great food for weight loss. One can of tuna (about 150 grams or 5.3 ounces) contains only 110 calories, which is a very small amount. However, if combined with mayonnaise, that significantly increases the caloric value of the meal, and it certainly will not help you lose weight.
This diet is suitable for people who have high cholesterol levels.
Tuna Diet Plan
- Breakfast: Two pieces of toast and two oranges
- Lunch: Tuna salad. Mix canned tuna (approximately 150 grams) with sweet corn, cucumber and tomato.
- Dessert: One bowl of pudding (not more than 100 grams)
- Dinner: 100 grams of cooked beef with green beans and carrots. After dinner, you can eat an apple or a pear.
- Breakfast: One slice of toast coated with cream cheese and one boiled egg. After breakfast, you can eat a banana.
- Lunch: 7 ounces of tuna and 4 saltine crackers
- Dessert: Fruit salad and whipped cream topping
- Dinner: 7 ounces (200 grams) of roasted chicken white meat with cooked broccoli and cauliflower and 1 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice.
- Breakfast: Two small-sized slices of toast and 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
- Lunch: Two small-sized slices of toast and two boiled eggs. Do not eat dessert after lunch.
- Dinner: 200 grams of tuna with boiled carrots and cauliflower
Note: Do not add mayonnaise and ketchup in tuna, because it increases its energy value and reduces the efficacy of this diet.
After the third day, you can have a one-day break and eat whatever you want. Thereafter, repeat these three days of the diet, and again, take a one-day break and so on for month or a two.
This diet is very efficient and on average, you will lose about 5 pounds in 20 days, which is a great result. The good thing about this diet is that when once you lose pounds, you cannot easily regain them as is the case with the other diets.
In addition, as we have already explained, tuna is a very valuable source of vitamins, minerals, proteins and fatty acids, and through this diet, you will get all the necessary nutrients.
If you exercise 30 minutes along with this diet plan, you can expect fast results.
Personally, I think the tuna diet is one of the most effective and healthiest diets, and I strongly recommend it to anyone who wants to lose weight quickly and in a healthy way.