UN Diet - How It Works | Rules | Plan
The UN diet comes from the English word "un-diet", which indicates that it allows you to eat all your favorite foods. The authors of this diet claim that it is a healthy, safe and quick way to lose weight. They also claim that your body will get used to this, different kind of metabolism after 90 days, and that lost pounds will never return.
Estimated weight loss for 90 days: 39 - 55 lbs. (18 - 25 kg)
Important note: Rapid weight loss can have consequences for your health. Consult a doctor or a dietician before you start using this diet.
The diet is not recommended for pregnant women, nursing mothers, athletes and children.
How UN diet works?
The main characteristic of this diet is that it allows the intake of all foods, including sweets. It is based on the division of nutrition into protein, starch, carbohydrate and fruit days, because this way of eating change your metabolism, which results in a loss of pounds.
The food intake must be balanced, otherwise the diet will certainly not be successful. Although you are allowed to eat sweets, it is recommended to eat sweets only in small quantities.
Because it allows eating sweets, it quickly became popular worldwide and today many are using this diet. However, many people make mistakes and allow themselves to eat too much sweets, which of course cannot lead to a weight loss.
It is very important not to change the order of the days:
Protein day -> Starch day -> Carbohydrate day -> Fruit day.
If you change the order, you will not have the expected loss of weight.
UN diet - Rules
There are certain rules of the UN diet you need to follow in order to lose weight in a safe and healthy manner:
- Strictly follow the order of the days (protein-starch-carbohydrate-fruit day).
- Breakfast must contain only fruits during every 90 days.
- You can eat only one type of fruit for breakfast, and never take more than two pieces of fruit (for example, you can take only two apples, two oranges, two pears, but don't eat three apples, oranges, pears, etc.). The exception is banana. If you want a banana for breakfast, then you are allowed to eat only one banana. The reason for that is that bananas have high calorie content. You are also allowed to eat an equivalent amount of small fruit (e.g. strawberries or raspberries).
- You must follow the rules of this diet regimen for 90 days. Otherwise, the change in metabolism will not occur and you will quickly regain the lost pounds.
- After 7 cycles (on the 29th day), you should not take any food. On 29th day you should only drink water.
- After 90 days, you must stop the diet, otherwise it may affect your health.
- You must drink at least 67.63 fl.oz. (2 liters) of water each day.
- You can drink unsweetened coffee or tea
- Never skip meals.
- The spacing between meals should be at least three hours
UN Diet - Meal Plan
Day 1 - Protein Day
- Breakfast: Two pears or two apples.
- Lunch: 1 cup of tomato soup, 1 cup (225 grams or 7.9 oz.) of boiled or cooked veal, with vegetables. You can also use salad made of cabbage, tomato or cucumber, but do not put too much oil on it. You can eat two small pieces of buckwheat bread.
- Dinner: 1/2 cup (110 grams or 3.95 oz.) of cooked or roasted veal with salad made of cabbage, tomato or cucumber.
Day II - Starch Day
- Breakfast: Two oranges or one banana.
- Lunch: 2 cups (350 grams or 12.35 oz.) of boiled beans or peas, spiced by choice. You can also eat a salad of your choice (but only with a limited amount of olive oil). You can also eat one piece of rye or barley bread.
- Dinner: 1 cup (175 grams or 6.18 oz.) of cooked beans or peas with salad of your choice. Do not eat bread for dinner.
Day III - Carbohydrate Day
- Breakfast: 1/2 cup of strawberries (100 grams or 3.5 oz.).
- Lunch: Cooked macaroni, spaghetti, pizza or some other type of pasta or pastry. You can use ketchup and mayonnaise. You can also drink one glass of coke or yogurt.
- Dinner: Two small pieces of cake, three small cookies or a small amount of chocolate.
Day IV - Fruit Day
- Breakfast: Two apples or two oranges.
- Lunch: Mixed fruits, by your choice and in unlimited quantities.
- Dinner: Mixed fruits, but in two-fold smaller amounts than for the lunch.
Repeat this cycle seven times, followed by a day in which you will only drink water. After Water day, you should start again from a protein day.