VigRX Plus - Does It Really Work?
Because we have received numerous questions about VigRX plus, we have decided to research this product and provide only scientific facts to help our visitors to decide on buying this product. We must mention that this post is not sponsored and we are not receiving any payments for this post.
VigRX plus is a herbal drug that contains the following herbs:
- epimedium leaf (lat. Epimedium Sagittatum)
- damiana (lat. Turnera Aphrodisaca)
- ginkgo biloba leaf (lat. Ginkgo Biloba)
- asian red ginseng (lat. Panax Ginseng)
- saw palmetto berry (Fructus serenoae)
- muira pauma bark extract (Ptychopetalum Olacoides) and catuba bark extract (Erythoroxylum catuba)
Developers of VigRX plus claim that it leads to:
- Easier maintenance of erection
- More frequent orgasms
- Improved quality of orgasms
- Increased sexual drive
- Increased libido
Does VigRX plus work?
Below are listed all the benefits/side effects of VigRX plus ingredients.
- Epimedium leaf. This plant is a Chinese traditional herb that is commonly used to relieve symptoms in people with osteoarthritis.1 It also contains icariin - a chemical compound that works as an inhibitor of phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE5 - an enzyme found in the corpus cavernosum - erectile tissue). Blocking this enzyme leads to elevated levels of nitrogen oxide which leads to the vasodilatation in the penis. This improves blood flow to the penis and improves erectile function.2 Unlike other erectile dysfunction medicines (such as Viagra, Kamagra, Levitra and Cialis), epimedium leaf is a PDE5 specific inhibitor and does not inhibit other types of phosphodiesterase. For example, Viagra may inhibit PDE6 which leads to vision-related side effects. Epimedium does not cause any side effects, except for skin redness, which is usually mild and lasts only a few hours.
- Damiana is a Mexican plant with aphrodisiac properties.3 It contains flavonoids (apigenin 7 glucoside and Z-echinacin). These compounds significantly reduce post-ejaculatory interval and have beneficial effects in sexual dysfunction.4
- Ginkgo biloba is a well-known herb which reduces prolactin levels (prolactin is a hormone that worsen your sexual performance) and this effect leads to more frequent orgasms. This plant has shown no serious adverse effects.
- Panax ginseng is also a well-researched plant and is very popular for its revitalizing properties. It causes nitrogen oxide release in the body, and nitrogen oxide leads to erection. This plant is one of the most commonly used aphrodisiacs in China. It is safe to use and rarely causes side effects.
Other ingredients have similar effects like those listed above. None of them cause serious adverse effects, which means that VigRX plus can be used in all men above the age of 18. There is not enough data to support VigRX use in men under the age of 18.
According to the information provided from clinical studies, we can conclude that VigRX plus is efficient in increasing sexual drive and libido. It will also help you maintain erection and will reduce the post-ejaculatory interval. It does not cause penis enlargement like claimed on some websites.
VigRX dosage instructions
Take one pill two times a day, regardless of meals. Food will not affect VigRX plus efficacy. Maximum daily dose of VigRX plus is two pills per day.
Some men try to increase their sexual function by taking more than two pills. This may lead to side effects, and you should never take more than two pills per day. Taking more pills than recommended will not increase the efficacy of VigRX plus.
Although VigRX plus is a dietary supplement, which means that you don't need a prescription to obtain this medicine, it can still cause side effects. We will soon write a comprehensive review of VigRX plus side effects. VigRX plus does not cause serious side effects.