Wartrol - Reviews | Interactions | Side Effects
From the beginning, we need to note that this article was written by our dermatologists who have many years of experience in treating warts and we have not received any funds to write this article. We assure you that this is an unbiased review.
Wartrol is a product that contains salicylic acid and is used to remove warts. Since warts usually occur under the influence of the virus that can be spread, they must be treated immediately. Warts are less likely to occur due to genetic predisposition.
There are several ways to remove warts (laser, radio waves, or liquid nitrogen), but all of these methods are quite expensive. The use of OTC preparations is considerably cheaper and provides the same effect as any other method.
Wartrol has proven to be very effective in the removal of warts that are placed on the skin surface. First, Wartrol will dry the wart after which warts subsequently fall off the skin. Salicylic acid (the main ingredient of Wartrol) is a very effective antiseptic which means that it acts against microorganisms (including viruses). This means that Wartrol removes the main cause of warts.
Unlike other wart-removal methods, Wartrol doesn't cause damage to the skin and the skin heals very quickly after using Wartrol. It will not leave scars on your skin after warts fall off.
It is effective against all types of warts, including:
- Flat warts
- Mosaic warts
- Thread-like warts
- Genital warts
- Water warts
Warts can heal by themselves without using any product but it usually takes 6 months. Wartrol will remove warts in less than a month, and this is scientifically proven.
The effectiveness of Wartrol was compared to cryotherapy in one study conducted on 240 patients and there was no difference between the efficiency of Wartrol and cryotherapy (which is by the way very expensive).1
What precautions to take when using Wartrol
Given that it contains only the salicylic acid as the active ingredient, there is no risk of serious side effects. Salicylic acid is approved for OTC use by FDA because of its excellent safety profile.
You don't need to take any special measures when using Wartrol.
The only two side effects associated with Wartrol that have been reported are mild redness of the skin and dry skin, but they last only a few days.
Application of Wartrol during pregnancy
Wartrol is safe for use in pregnancy because it is applied topically and contains a small amount of salicylic acid, which is absorbed through the skin into the blood in very low levels.
Just in case, you can consult your doctor about the application of Wartrol during pregnancy.
How to apply Wartrol
- Before you start applying Wartrol, it is necessary to wash and dry the wart and the area around it
- Open the bottle of Wartrol, fill the dropper and drip 1-3 drops on the wart.
- Allow the wart to dry for next two minutes.
- Do not rinse wart after application of Wartrol.
- Apply Wartrol 2-3 times per day (mandatory before bedtime)
With this way of application, you can expect the warts to disappear after 7 to 14 days.
Thus, a one-month stock of this product will be sufficient to remove warts. If you have already removed the warts, but they came back or you want to reduce the risk of warts recurring, you'll need to use Wartrol for three months.
Wartrol - examples from practice
- "I had a genital wart and I've tried many OTC products for months. Thank God I came across Wartrol. It helped me to get rid of warts in just 10 days! After a few days, I noticed that the wart had begun to dry and to change its shape, and then it just vanished. I would recommend Wartrol to everyone."
- "Upon the recommendation of a doctor, I began using Wartrol. In the beginning, I was suspicious that this product may help me with the problem of genital warts and I was already preparing myself for laser treatment, but after only a few weeks, I didn't need to worry about this issue, because Wartrol removed every trace of wart."
- "I have had a problem with my hands (specifically with eczema) for years, and a few months ago, I got another problem - a wart on the ring finger of my right hand. I came across Wartrol on the internet and then consulted my doctor. After the doctor gave me the green light, I bought it on the internet and after only one week, the wart was gone. I advise all those who are planning laser or radio wave treatments to use Wartrol, because it helped me a lot."
There are no known interactions with other drugs.
Wartrol side effects
Only two side effects were reported during the application of this product:
- Redness of the skin at the application site (disappears after 3-4 days)
- Dry skin at the application site (disappears after 5-6 days)
This product is safe for long-term use and does not cause other side effects.
Where you can buy Wartrol?
Wartrol cannot be found in your local pharmacies, and is available only on the Internet. Note that Wartrol is the cheapest of all methods for removing warts and it will save you a lot of money.
You can buy Wartrol at the cheapest price here.
Information on this website are provided for educational purposes only and are not intended for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
If you have any concerns or questions about your health, you should always consult with a physician or other health-care professional.